Sunday 22 September 2013

Product Review: Miyami Two-Way Foundation

Hey everyone!

We're all looking for a compact powder or foundation powder that matches our skin tone, looks natural and not cakey, doesn't clog pores, stays on for hours, and is affordable. These days this is asking for a tad much. Almost impossible even, right?

Wrong!

Allow me to introduce you to Miyami Two-Way Foundation, which can be purchased from Cosway

A friend of mine told me about this product, and he swore by it. For privacy reasons, let's call him Adam Lambert (not his real name, of course). See, Adam's a make-up artist (and a freakin' good one too!) and I trust his opinions about these things, so I took his word for it.

Before I show you the photos, let me share with you my reaction when I found it. It's a little lengthy, but it's worth the read. Quite funny even. ;)

So I'm at one of the outlets and I took a look at the product only ONCE. I immediately called Adam on the mobile phone.

Me: "Hallo! What the HECK is this product lah?? It looks like a RM 5 powder that I can find in a bargain store or 'pasar malam', wei!!" ('pasar malam' means night market)

Adam (laughing hysterically): "I know! (laughing again) The packaging looks bad, but the product's REALLY GOOD. Get it!"

Me (hesitating because the packaging looks... ugly): "Errmmm... For real? You sure THIS is the one??"

Adam (laughing uncontrollably now): "YES! You'll love it, woman! JUST GET IT!"

Me: "Okay, okay! Don't get your knickers in a twist. I'll get it now. Thanks. Bye!"


And now, this is what the product looks like:





Do you see what I mean?

Anyhow, I bought one. I went back home. I tried it. Oh my.

Adam was right. It was great and I loved it! 

Claims?

  • Silky-smooth combination of foundation and powder
  • Gives a long-lasting, flawless finish
  • SPF15 protects against harmful sunrays

Price?

Each costs about RM 30.00 (it's cheaper when it's on promotional sale)

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

Pros

  • Suitable for sensitive skin I have sensitive skin and I've not had any negative reactions.
  • Contains SPF
  • Sponge is soft and comfortable
  • Looks natural and not cakey Don't go mental and apply layers and layers of it, of course!
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Can be used as a compact powder when the sponge is dry
  • Can be used as a foundation when the sponge is damp
  • Provides light to medium coverage
  • Does indeed give a long-lasting, flawless finish
  • Pretty good with oil and shine control
  • Inexpensive

Cons

  • Can be purchased only at Cosway outlets (this means that you need to have a Cosway membership or know someone who has it)
  • Packaging looks very cheap
  • Comes in only 3 shades: Light (Code: 5206), Medium (Code: 5207), and Dark (Code: 5208) I use Medium.

Your first impression of it may be like mine was, but don't let the bad packaging stop you from getting it. It's a really good powder. I've recommended it to some of my friends and they're very happy with it!

It was great a couple of years ago when I first tried. And it's still great now. I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars. It loses 1 star because of 3 reasons: (i) the packaging (ii) you can get it only from Cosway (iii) it comes in limited shades.

If you're a Cosway member, you should get one and give it a go! If you're not a member and you know someone who is, perhaps you could ask them to buy it for you first, then pay them back. Or give them the money to buy it for you. 

My advice to you is this: if you are happy with your current powder, then stick with it. However, if you're looking to explore other options, try Miyami!

Have a go and let me know how you find it. If you have a funny story about your first impression of it, I'd love to hear about it! :)

p/s Thank you, Adam Lambert! ;) xoxo

Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

2 comments:

  1. it is really great.. i have been using this for more than 3 years now :) I even bought extra to sustain during times when I am out of the country. No regrets...!! thanks for sharing this WMM !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Pin Paradise!! I usually keep an extra one too. You're most welcome! :) Do share this with your friends too. xx

      Delete