Friday 5 September 2014

Product Review: L'Oreal Mat Magique All-In-One Matte Transforming Powder

I've read quite a bit about this product, so when I walked into AEON Wellness in Bangsar South last week and saw this on the shelf, I thought I'd give it a go. 

Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: No
Normal Price: RM 49.90 (6.5 g
*Refills are RM 19.90 each

Claims

12H shine-free fresh look, impeccable poreless finish and ultra sensorial velvety soft touch.


Ingredients

Talc, Perlite, Titanium Dioxide, Zea Mays Starch/Corn Starch, Kaolin, Triisostearin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Vinyl Dimethcone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol.
* May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides

Lil' Missy's Review

L'Oreal Mat Magique All-In-One is the latest addition to the L'Oreal Magique line of products and it's available nationwide in 3 shades:


  • R1 Rose Ivory
  • N2 Nude Vanilla
  • G2 Golden Ivory

This is what I've gathered from the codes for the shades:

R - for pink/rose, cool undertones

N - for neutral undertones

G - for yellow-based, warm undertones


Packaged very nicely in metallic pink, the casing lid is in light pink too, and it comes with a good sponge. This must-have item is available at all major pharmacies.



I chose mine in the darkest shade, G2 Golden Ivory, because I felt that the rest were too light for my skin tone.


This powder offers light to medium coverage, and it feels pleasantly light on your skin. Considering I have enlarged pores, this little wonder did a pretty darn good job of minimising the appearance of my pores. Yay, L'Oreal!

As advertised, it really does blend down to a smooth, shine-free, and matte finish. And I also like that it contains SPF, so I have UV protection. Great for daytime use!

The texture of the powder is smooth and silky. As for the staying power, what I can tell you is that it's very good - I've used it all night without having to touch up! That's a good 10 - 11 hours I'm talking about here, mind you. Great for nights, too!

Because I have combination skin, my t-zone did get a wee bit oily throughout the night, but it was nothing a facial blotter couldn't fix immediately.

Application Tips:

#1
I'd strongly suggest using a moderate amount when applying it. Unless you want your face to look like it has a very thick layer of powder on.

#2
Gently press the powder into your skin as opposed to using sweeping strokes. If you've been following my posts and application tips on powders, you'll know that compact powders and foundation powders blend much better with your skin and stay on longer this way.  

#3
Want a more soft and natural look instead? Use a powder brush to apply the product; the sponge would be great for touch ups or more coverage. 

#4
If you find that the powder looks too matte on you, use a facial spritz after for a soft, velvety finish! 

This is a very good powder that you'll want to consider buying. Not only does it come with SPF, but it also provides good coverage, a smooth appearance, and really is shine resistant. This is a cosmetic necessity worth every cent. As the L'Oreal tagline goes, "Because you're worth it!"


Pros
  • Affordable.
  • Available at all major pharmacies.
  • Available in 3 shades: R1, N2, and G2.
  • Provides light to medium coverage.
  • Contains SPF 34 PA +++.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Blends down to a smooth, shine-free, and matte finish.
  • Very good staying power.
  • Shades are mostly suitable for light to medium skin tones.
Cons
  • Those with oily/combination skin may experience oiliness after a few hours.
  • Shades available may not be suitable for darker skin tones.

I'm wearing the powder all over my face
before my long night out. No concealer worn.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

Until my next update soon... be beautiful inside out! :) xoxo


Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment