Monday 22 September 2014

Event: MUSE by Watsons - CLIV

Hello, WMM-ers!

Thanks to The Butterfly Project, I had the pleasure of attending a skin-care event last month. 
The event was to introduce the 10-Step Korean Skin-Care Regime to achieving a healthy and flawless complexion. 

MUSE by Watsons is a premium beauty retail brand established by Watsons Personal Care Stores Sdn Bhd., and is the first in the region. The store houses 12 exclusive brands and cosmetic products for both women and men of all ages. 


My first impression of the outlet was very good. The products were organised and displayed well, and the store was well lit. It had a nice, clean feel to the place.

MUSE By Watsons from The Outside

MUSE by Watsons on The Inside

MUSE by Watsons on The Inside

They even have nail-colour services for customers!

After I made my round checking out all the products, I was shown to a table with a laptop, where a Consultant offered to perform a skin analysis for me. A.. a skin-care analysis? Like, right now, right here? Good God, I wasn't prepared for this.. And in front of a group of several curious beauty Bloggers staring right at me! *lol* I sucked up my courage and dived right into it!

Yep, that's me during the skin analysis.

Shortly after the analysis began, the Consultant could immediately tell that I have a regular skin-care regime that includes exfoliation. That's right, yo! He then proceeds to advice me that a few small areas on my face are a bit dry and that I'm probably in air-conditioned environments a lot. Guilty as charged!

The Consultant was professional and knew what he was talking about. I'll spare you the lengthy details and jump into the end of the analysis: all in all, I have good skin, and need to hydrate my face more. Yayy!! All my efforts are not in vain! Though I do need to keep my skin hydrated.

I'm not one who's easily impressed by how well Sales Assistants or Consultants introduce products; instead, it's how good their knowledge is when answering my questions. And I ask a LOT of questions! I'm sure you'd be very happy to know that the skin analysis is available for all customers. ;)

Us Bloggers were shown to our seats for an educational presentation by Amanda Gan, the Brand Manager for MUSE by Watsons. Amanda presented the 10-Step Korean Skin-Care Regime well.

The lovely Amanda Gan herself.

I know that 10 steps seem like a lot, but if you take a minute to think about how many skin-care and cosmetic products we apply on our skin daily, the number of steps may then make sense. Personally, my daily skin-care regime consists of 7 - 8 steps. Yep, true story. 

Used together with MUSE by Watsons products, these 10 steps claim to help you achieve a radiant, bright, healthy, and dewy complexion:

Step 01: Pre-Cleanse
Gently remove all make up and any impurities on the face.


Step 02: Cleansing
Think of this as double cleansing to remove excess traces of make up or dirt. It's recommended to massage your face in upward, circular motions to increase blood circulation, leading to a brighter complexion.


This Pore Cleansing Brush was used during the demonstration,
and is said to be a best seller because of its effectiveness.

Step 03: Exfoliation
Exfoliate with a facial scrub once or twice a week to remove dead skin. 

Step 04: Refresh
Using a toner balances and restores skin's pH for better penetration of products. Additionally, a toner can help to tighten pores.


Step 05: Essence
This is an important step in Korean skin-care regime as it nourishes skin for cellular renewal process, which helps skin's elasticity, firmness, and brightening of complexion.


Step 06: Ampoule
Ampoules consist of small molecules and concentrated active ingredients, which are effective for penetrating deeper into skin. It helps combat ageing and pigmentation.


Step 07: Sheet Mask
Applied twice a week, this Mask encourages skin to absorb nutrients while providing intensive hydration.


Step 08: Eye Cream
Also an important step in a skin-care regime, an eye cream helps to treat or prevent lines, wrinkles, and dehydration.

Step 09: Moisturiser
Replenishes skin's hydration and seals it in with a lightweight emulsion. Best to use fingertips to massage the face and neck to promote blood circulation.

Step 10: Night Cream  
Applied at night to lock in the nutrients from the previous steps. 
For use during the day, replace the night cream with a daytime moisturiser and sunblock or BB/CC cream.

These were the products used for the demonstration of the 10-Step Korean Skin-Care Regime:


We ended the event with a group shot of everyone who attended. It was a fun and educational experience. Thank you, The Butterfly Project and MUSE by Watsons! :)


For more details about their products and promotions, visit this Facebook page:

MUSE by Watsonshttps://www.facebook.com/MusebyWatsons

**All photos courtesy of MUSE by Watsons unless otherwise indicated.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

Since my skin needs hydration, I used the Cremorlab Mineral Treatment Essence, Cremorlab Fresh Water Gel, and CLIV Mediclear Serum for 2 weeks as part of my personal skin-care regime. All 3 products are from the store.

Based on how my skin feels and looks, I'm definitely liking these products so far! I'm a huge Olay fan, and it may be premature to say for sure... but I dare say that these products may soon replace my Olay ones. Look out for my product reviews on them in time to come. ;)


Until my next update soon... always smile and be beautiful inside out! :) xoxo


Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! I love your writing style and how informative this post was!
    You've gained a new follower! =)

    xoxo Rin
    Fuurin Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rin!! Most of the photos are from MUSE by Watsons, and they really are great photos!

      You write well yourself, and guess what? Fuurin Diary just gained a new follower too! ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Most of the photos were taken by MUSE by Watsons. I think they're very good photos too. :)

      Delete