Tuesday 16 September 2014

Product Review: SilkyGirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm

Hello, my beautiful friends!

My name is Lil' Missy (not my real name) and I have a confession: I like coloured lip balms. This is one of the few beauty items that I carry with me almost everywhere. 

For those of you who know me, you'd know that I really do like tinted/coloured lip balms. Perhaps it's the convenience in using only a single item to keep my lips moisturised and coloured. This really saves me time and handbag space. ;)


Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: No
Normal Price: RM 18.90 (3.2 g
Promotion Price: RM 15.90 (3.2 g) *Price available at AEON Wellness outlets.    

Ingredients

Disostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Wax, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate.
* May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Red 22 Lake.

Lil' Missy's Review

SilkyGirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm is available in 6 hydrating and delightful colors:
  • 01 Latte
  • 02 Coral
  • 03 Ruby
  • 04 Rose
  • 05 Poppy
  • 06 Wine
These were on display -
the codes on the box don't correspond with the colours.

L - R: 02 Coral, 06 Wine, 05 Poppy, 04 Rose, 03 Ruby, and 01 Latte

I bought a couple of the SilkyGirl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balms earlier this month from AEON Wellness in Bangsar South. They were on sale, so I thought I'd try them out. That, and I like buying stuff. Leave me alone! :p

These lip balms are a little creamy, pigmented, and packed with moisture. They are packaged in convenient retractable pencil tubes. Available in 6 pretty colours, you can buy them from all major pharmacies

The formula is lightweight and a bit shiny. Only a tad bit shiny. Having tested all the colours, I'd say the red (03 Ruby) is the most pigmented, and has the richest colour. Pssst.. if you love the colour red like I do, you'll love this particular one. ;)

It's not very long wearing as I needed to reapply after having a meal. This doesn't bother me because I only need to reapply when needed, and problem solved!

Also, like most lip-coloured products, the colours you see on the tubes are not the actual colours, and appear lighter/brighter depending on which one you select.

Swatches on My Inner Forearm

I hardly get excited about SilkyGirl products, but I really like these items. I bought 03 Ruby (red) and 04 Rose (pink), and I have no regrets. They glide on VERY smoothly and evenly, leaving my lips moisturised and looking very pretty. :)

L - R: 04 Rose and 03 Ruby

I am seriously loving my new purchases! The red (03 Ruby) is just what I've been looking for: gorgeous, bright, bold, and in the hue I've been wanting. 

All in all, the lip balms are fantastic must-have items for the price! I would definitely repurchase these.

Pros
  • Affordable.
  • Easily purchased from major pharmacies.
  • Available in 6 colours: Latte, Coral, Ruby, Rose, Poppy, and Wine.
  • Provides long-lasting hydration.
  • Formula is lightweight.
  • Glides on very smoothly and evenly.
  • Colours are suitable for all skin tones.
Con
  • Not long wearing. You will need to reapply after having meals and drinks.

I'm wearing 04 Rose, and am loving it!

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

The sale at AEON Wellness is until 25th September 2014. So you'd better hurry if you want to get these in stock for only RM 15.90 each!!

Until my next update soon... be beautiful inside out! :) xoxo


Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment