Thursday 28 August 2014

Product Review: Benefit The POREfessional

Hello again, everyone!

If you're considering buying this product, I'd suggest reading my review first.



Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: Yes
Price: RM 40.00 (7.5 ml), RM 115.00 (22 ml), RM 210.00 (44 ml)

Claims

Quickly minimise the appearance of pores! Apply this silky, lightweight balm for translucent pore coverage and smoother-than-smooth skin. Pores...now you see 'em, now you don't! Complements all skin tones.

Ingredients

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Mica, Iron Oxides, Trethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT

How To Use

1. Cleanse your face and apply facial moisturiser.

2. Apply The POREfessional.

3. Reapply as needed.


Lil' Missy's Review

It's highly recommended to apply The POREfessional after your facial moisturiser to hide enlarged pores and give your skin a smoother and matte appearance. Note the word "hide".

The texture is a little creamy, and it goes on dry and silky. Upon application, it's shine free, but if you have stubborn oily skin, you'll definitely need to keep reapplying the product as it doesn't hold back shine for long.

If you're looking to hide your large pores for nights out or events, then you would want to consider this product. It will do the job for a few to several hours (with reapplication).

I've discovered that the best way to use this is to apply a bit first, then blend it well. If you need more coverage, apply more. Also, let it set into your skin for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, then apply powder by gently pressing it into your skin (as opposed to using sweeping strokes).

The ability to minimise pore size is highly overstated. I may not repurchase this product as the effects are superficial; there are no skin-care properties that actually help to reduce enlarged pores.

Do I like this product? Ehhh... it's not bad. 

Would I recommend it? No. Not unless you want a temporary measure to hide enlarged pores.

Pros
  • Temporarily reduces the appearance of enlarged pores.
  • Upon application, skin feels and looks shine free, silky, and smooth.
Cons
  • Expensive.
  • Effects are only superficial; doesn't actually help to reduce enlarged pores.
  • Provides temporary silky, smooth, and shine-free skin.
  • Not fragrance free. Has a bit of an intense fragrance.


Skin-Care Tip

Using the right moisturiser makes a big difference because if you have enlarged pores and oily skin, applying most traditional moisturisers will almost definitely exaggerate both skin concerns.

If you have oily skin and large pores, I'd recommend using a lightweight, gel-type moisturiser for smoothing your skin without a creamy or slick finish.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

I hope this review helps you, especially if you're considering purchasing this product. I'm certain that the skin-care tip would definitely help you!

Until my next update soon... :) xoxo


Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

6 comments:

  1. Great review! I've yet to use this primer but judging from what other reviewers have said, I really really should.
    Which was why your post was a breath of fresh air; sometimes it's really easy to be carried away with the hype! ^^; Thank you muchly for the review, I hope to read more from you soon!

    xoxo Fuurin Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rin! Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I'm glad you liked my review! I do my best to keep all my reviews real. I publish weekly posts - look out for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i finally found a person that doesn't like this product like me! lol :D

    i think this product is overly exaggerated because it doesn't even do anything except providing a smooth face canvas. and i think this product just layers on top of the pores which then leads to pimples. :(

    nice review by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nisa! Thank you! Glad you like my review. :)

      I agree that it's exaggerated. However, it's not that I don't like the product. I'd rather a product have long-term healing/corrective properties; if it's a make-up product, then I'd rather pay for something less expensive that works well with my skin. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the lovely and concise review. I like it when a beauty blogger remains diplomatically critical. Nowadays, there are so many reviews that are really not much more than sponsored ads and offer little understanding of a product beyond the press kit.

    I agree that pore products like this don't get to the heart of the problem and only offer a band-aid solution that may be fantastic for a night out or a photo shoot but not as long term skincare fix.

    I've purchased something similar before and barely used it before letting it rot at the bottom of my drawer because I just didn't fancy filling up my pores with man-made gunk so that they would look invisible for half a day.

    I think the Benefit Porefessional does the job it set out to do and delivers on that account but I'm with you that I'm looking for a different kind of product for my skin issues.

    I'm trying out chemical exfoliants at the moment in an attempt to find a longer term solution to my skin issues so you can see that I'd rather peel off than putty over my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, ShopGirl! Thank you very much! I have to say that this is, by far, the longest and possibly one of the best comments I've received. :)

      I hope the chemical exfoliants are working well for you. Do drop by for regular updates - I publish my posts on a weekly basis.


      Great comment again - thanks! Cheers! :)

      Delete