Thursday 14 August 2014

Product Review: GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Hello, my beautiful friends!

Thanks to The Butterfly Project, I'm one of the 50 selected Beauty Bloggers who's been given the opportunity to be amongst the first ones try out the travel size (15 g) GlamGlow YOUTHMUD™ Tinglexfoliate Treatment. I was told that this travel size could be used up to 3 times or more.  

This product is claimed to be THE secret of Hollywood celebrities for immediate camera-ready instant glowing skin. Being an avid skin-care enthusiast, NATURALLY, I was VERY excited to try it out!!

Sorry! The words were already smudged when I collected my sample.

Brace yourself for a lengthy review (and some seriously sexy photos of me without make up). I figured that since the product is said to be amazing - and comes with a hefty price tag - I'm going to ensure that I give you a more thorough write up.

Ready? Let's begin!

Jar Packaging: Yes
Tested on Animals: Yes
Price: RM 240.00 (50 g/1.7 fl.oz.)

Description

Designed as a 10-minute professional "facial in a jar" for behind-the-scenes use in Hollywood’s Entertainment, Music, Fashion, and Award industries, YOUTHMUD™ provides immediate camera-ready glowing skin. NEW Patented TEAOXI® technology with real Green Tea Leaf is the "magic" behind our powerful anti-aging and anti-wrinkle results, delivering fresh antioxidants directly into the mud to hydrate, balance oil production, and fight free radical damage

French Sea Clay works to detoxify and awaken the skin by drawing out impurities, while Ivy helps tone, tighten and lift the skin. Revitalise dull, dry skin with Volcanic Rock multi-level surface exfoliation and experience smoother, brighter, softer skin. 

Get your Youthful Sexy Glow back in just 10 minutes.

Claims
  • Leaves skin noticeably radiant and glowing.
  • Activates moisturising collagen synthesis.
  • Provides gentle resurfacing exfoliation.
  • Helps to leave skin smoother, brighter, and softer.
  • Provides tighter skin texture and tighter pores.
  • Helps to provide a more youthful appearance.
  • Absorbs impurities without removing natural oils.
  • Helps to protect against free radical damage.

Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Technology

TEAOXI™ GREEN TEA LEAF
Groundbreaking patent pending TEAOXI™ is GLAMGLOW’s proprietary continuous time-release technology, delivering daily fresh Super-Squalene, EGCG Super-Antioxidants and Polyphenols direct into the mud from the real pieces of tea leaf contained in our mask. TEAOXI™ is the "magic" behind our powerful anti-aging and anti wrinkle results.

How To Use

Apply a thin layer to clean face. Expect a tingle-tastic tightening effect in 10 minutes or less. Remove mask with water in circular motions to exfoliate. Use twice a week or as often as desired.

Lil’ Missy’s Review

I've read so many raving, positive reviews about this product prior to trying it out on my own. Obviously, I couldn't contain my excitement and had to try it as soon as I could!

First and foremost, let me clarify that even though I've been selected to review this product, it doesn't affect my opinion. As always, I give you my honest, personal feedback on products.

With that said, let's put the product to the test! 

To prepare my skin for this product, I did not apply a scrub or mask to my face for a week. I had dead skin cells comfortably planted all over my face, rough bumps on my nose, and more whiteheads and blackheads than usual. Yuck! A whole week! Good God, my skin felt icky to say the least - this is the longest I've ever gone without using a facial scrub or mask. This product had better be GOOD!

So the process begins. I cleansed my skin with my regular facial cleanser.

Face cleansed and ready for mask application.

Then, I applied the mask on my face using my fingers, avoiding the eye area. The texture is slightly thick, though it spread pretty well over my skin so I didn't have to use much. I like that there's a mild fragrance that isn't over powering. To me, it smells like a mildly-scented clay mask. Duh.. it is a clay mask, after all. :p

Mask applied on my face.
There are actual green tea leaves in the mask!
How cool is that?

And now I wait. Close to 5 minutes after applying the mask, my skin definitely felt tight as the mask was drying. I could barely smile and speak properly. I did not feel a tingly sensation, though my skin did feel cool. It's a cool sensation; there's no burning or tingly sensation. It was such a delight to have my face feel this, especially with our crazy warm and humid weather!

Areas with the darker shade indicate the mask hasn't fully dried yet;
areas with the lighter shade show that it has. 

10 minutes are up, and it's time to wash my face! I know it's time to wash my face because the mask had dried to a light grey colour.

The mask has dried and it's time to wash my face!
Pretty, right? :p

I was pleasantly surprised to feel tiny granules that did a wonderful job of exfoliating my skin as I gently washed off the mask in circular motions. You don't really feel the granules as you're applying the mask, but you definitely feel them as you're washing the mask off. What I also like about this mask is that the granules are fine and are not harsh on your skin - just make sure you gently exfoliate like how you would with a regular facial scrub.

The black bits are the tiny granules that exfoliate wonderfully.

After washing off the mask, my skin immediately felt super clean, taut, and VERY smooth. My skin felt like porcelain! It did not feel tight and dry like with some masks I've used in the past. There were no rough bumps on my nose, and my pores appeared smaller. Also, my skin looked fresh and bright. I love this product already!

I washed off the mask and my face is noticeably brighter!
Woohoo!!

Sounds too good to be true? Stay with me.. there's a bit more.

That was not the end of the process for me, though. Being the skeptic that I am, I used a pore strip to see just how effective this mask is for removing blackheads and whiteheads. ;)


I waited about 15 minutes, then removed the pore strip. The pore strip had only several small whiteheads attached to it. All in all, the mask did a great job of removing the blackheads and whiteheads on my nose considering I haven't cleansed my face thoroughly for a week! Hah, be gone nasty buggers!

I was impressed. This mask makes no make-up day a very happy day! Freaking amazing stuff!

Barely any whiteheads on the pore strip. A-m-a-z-i-n-g!
Lil' Missy Test: Pass!

I managed to use the travel-size sample 4 times in total, and the results were the same each time - it's great that the results are consistent. I'd definitely recommend this product if you can afford it!

I've done a lot of research on the usage of this mask and discovered that you can use it in 2 ways:

1. As a face mask, or
2. As a spot treatment. If have a pimple on your face, simply apply a tiny bit of the mask directly onto the spot, wait 10 minutes, then gently wash it off.

Also, many people have said that if you use the product as a face mask, you can use the entire jar up to 17 times. 

For more visual representation, here's a "before" and "after" shot of my face:



Pros
  • Recommended for both men and women.
  • Recommended for ALL skin types.
  • Can be used as a face mask AND for treating spots/pimples.
  • Skin feels super clean, taut, and very smooth. 
  • Skin does not feel tight and dry after washing it off.
  • Exfoliates the skin very well to remove rough bumps.
  • Pores appear smaller. 
  • Skin looks fresh and bright.
  • You don't need to apply a lot of the product on your face for each use.
  • Now available at Sephora outlets in Malaysia.
Cons
  • Very expensive.
  • Not fragrance free.
Annnnnddddd.... I also made a video of my review, so you can watch me in action. Check it out! :D


If you can't view the video above, click this link.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

I hope you find my review helpful, and hope you enjoyed my super sexy photos and video! ;)

This is a product definitely worth checking out. Visit Sephora for your own mask today!

For more details, click these links:

Sephora Malaysia on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/SephoraMalaysia

Glamglow on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/GlamGlowMud


Be good, stay true to yourself, and be the most beautiful version of yourself! :) xoxo


Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

6 comments:

  1. Lovely review hun! So informative yet straight to the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I love that you used a pore strip to test its effectiveness after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arpita!! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your review, very informative yet fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Von! Glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete