Thursday 22 August 2013

Balm Stain for Kissable Lips

Hey everyone!

Do you like wearing lip balms?

Do you like a little colour on your lips without wearing a lipstick? 


If you're a smoker, have you been looking for a lip balm that gives just enough colour to hide your darkened lips?


If your answer is yes to at least 2 of the questions above, then you must try this: 
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.



I've not been a particularly big fan of Revlon products. It's not that I don't find their products good; it's just that I haven't really fancied any of their stuff.

One evening last week, though, I saw someone applying what looked like a crayon or mini marker pen on her lips and I caught a glimpse of the Revlon brand. I thought, "Hmm.. interesting..". I was curious, so I went to a Watson's store to see if I could find it. I didn't go right after I witnessed this, by the way. I went a couple of days after.

The crayon/mini marker pen thingy? I found it at Watson's and it's a balm stain.

Lip balm. Balm stain. Same difference to me.

Revlon has this product in several delicious colours and I tested them all. Yep. I tried them ALL. I decided on 001 Honey Douce because I liked the delicate pink colour. I bought it on sale for RM 26.80.

I've worn this everyday for a week now and I like it! It's not as moisturising as a lip balm and not as drying as a lip stain. What it does, though, is keep your lips somewhat moist and the colour stays on for a good few hours without having to reapply - even after drinking from a glass/cup.

It also works pretty well as a lip liner. What I've been doing is lining my outer lips like I would with a lip liner, then I fill in my lips. After about 15 seconds or so, I apply my creamy pink Sephora lipstick. They match beautifully! Also, guess what? The lipstick doesn't feather! The lipstick wears off after drinking, but the balm stain stays on.

When you hold it upright, it's probably about 3 inches tall. Size matters, some say. ;)

I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry lips because it's a matte balm stain. What you could try to do is use a moisturising lip balm/Vaseline under the balm stain. If you do this, the balm stain won't stay on long, though.

Overall, I'd recommend this for those who like this type of lip product. I admit it's more expensive than some lip balms, but it's definitely cheaper than most lipsticks. 

Try it and let me know how "bitten" you are! :)

Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

2 comments:

  1. I just reviewed this too :) I love it as well! I bought the 005 Crush darker shade, though this shade looks really nice too!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine! Really? *lol* Looks like we have something else in common. :)

    I tried 005 Crush Beguin. I looked like I died - too dark for me!

    ReplyDelete