Wednesday 9 July 2014

Product Review: Shiseido Multi-Defense UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++ Water Resistant

Hello, my lovelies!!

I'd like to share with you the best sunscreen I've used: Shiseido Multi-Defense UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++ Water Resistant.

My favourite sunscreen!

Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: Undetermined
Price: RM 125.00 (30 ml)

Claims

Feather-light to the touch, this highly effective lotion-type UV protector is resistant to perspiration and sebum, providing ample protection against external aggressors such as UV rays, for the maintenance of beautiful, healthy-looking skin. 

Ingredients

・Scutellaria Baicalensis* helps prevent UV damage to essential fibroblasts which produce collagen and elastin, the key elements to resilient, youthful-looking skin.

・Rose Apple Leaf Extract* helps prevent DNA damage caused by harmful UV rays.

・Hydro-Restoring Complex contains moisturizing amino acids that naturally exist in skin. Provides sufficient moisture for skin that is smooth to the touch.

・Thiotaurine combined with Rose Apple Leaf Extract* counteracts oxidation, the damaging process which accelerates skin aging.

Lil’ Missy’s Review

I was shopping for a sunscreen at Sephora and asked the assistants which ones they'd recommend for my lifestyle and skin type. Lifestyle: I am out and about in the open quite a bit during the day. Skin type: I have combination and sensitive skin.

A very helpful assistant led me to the Shiseido section and recommended me this product I'm writing about now.

I tried a little of the lotion on my hand, and liked the texture. I also liked the scent of the sunscreen. The only reservation I had was the price.. "Is it worth spending RM 125.00 for a small bottle of sunscreen?" After much contemplation, I walked out of the store with my new purchase. After all, this IS Shiseido and they ARE well known for their skin-care products. Right..?

The packaging is simple, mostly white, and sleek. Shiseido has good, classic packaging for almost all of their products.

The instruction was to shake (the bottle) well before use and apply a generous amount after skin care in the morning. I find that applying the amount equivalent to the size of a 20-cent coin is more than sufficient for my face and neck.

Lotion when squeezed gently from the bottle.

When you squeeze the bottle gently, the liquid flows out from a small, narrow nozzle. It has a very smooth, light, and silky-like texture that spreads very well and very easily over the skin. Once applied on the face and neck, the product absorbs quite quickly, and leaves a bit of a matte finish. 

This product stays on your skin even when you're sweating lightly on a warm day out, so I don't worry that it's fading when I wipe away beads of sweat from my face and neck. 

The scent of the sunscreen is like a mildly-scented body lotion. Perhaps similar to the scent of Johnson's baby lotion.

What I also really like about it is that it doesn't leave a sticky residue like most sunscreens. It also wears really well as a make-up base. These two additional factors are especially important to me as I don't want an oily and sticky face throughout the day.

Spreading the sunscreen on my skin.

When it's time to clean your face at the end of the day, it's easily removed with a facial cleanser.

One bottle lasts close to 2 months for me, so that's a pretty good deal considering the size of the bottle and price!

Verdict: I loved this sunscreen from my first usage! I've repurchased this product a couple of times since the first bottle finished! :D

I'd definitely recommend this for all skin types, especially those with oily/combination skin.

Size of the bottle when compared to a standard-size can of Coke Light.

Pros
  • Renowned brand for skin-care products.
  • Simple, sleek packaging.
  • Protects skin from harmful UV rays.
  • Doesn't cause excessive oil.
  • Doesn't clog pores.
  • Liquid has smooth, light, silky-like texture.
  • Spreads very well on the skin, and absorbs quickly.
  • Doesn't leave a sticky residue.
  • Can be used as a make-up base.
  • Water resistant.
Cons
  • A tad expensive for a small bottle.
  • Not fragrance free.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

I hope you enjoyed reading my review! Stay tuned for my next update soon! ;)

xoxo
~ Lil’ Missy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment