Saturday 19 July 2014

Product Review: Arezia Make Up Palette

Hello, hello, my lovelies!!

Let’s talk make-up palettes this week, shall we?

My best friend and I have a very special relationship, and this involves us not giving each other presents on time. Sometimes. 

For anonymity, let's call her "SK". Bear with me.. there's a reason for this brief introduction.

So SK gave me a lovely belated Christmas gift this year: Arezia Make Up Pallete. It consists of 48 powder eyeshadows in a single palette. From the moment I lifted the cover and saw the palette, I fell in love with it!

How can you not fall in love with this?

Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: Undetermined
Price: RM 68.00 (62.4 g/2.2 Oz)

Ingredients

Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Petrolatum, Titanium Dioxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben


Lil’ Missy’s Review

You read it correctly earlier: it's my belated Christmas present for last year. She bought it from Sephora in Sunway Pyramid during their (2013) Christmas promotion. Thank you so much again for the gift, SK!! :p

I’ve tested the different hues on many different occasions. If I had more than a pair of eyes, I would’ve tested them all at once! That's how excited I was when I opened my gift!

The packaging is simple and slim with a pretty design on the cover. As for the product, there is a good variety of matte and glittery hues to choose from in the convenience of a single, portable palette. 

The eyeshadows are not only pretty, but they are also easy to apply. I use an eyeshadow base before applying them with a brush, and they remain intact for about 5 - 7 hours. This is great for me considering my eyelids tend to be oily!

For me, it’s handy that the hues range from sheer to low intensity as I don't often wear very pigmented and vibrant eyeshadows (unless it's a fancy occasion or event, or I'm suggesting looks for my WMM Facebook page and on Instagram). So if you’d like more intensity, simply apply more of the product.

What I also like about it is that it has a large mirror big enough to see not just your eyes, but also your whole face.


Pros
  • Affordable.
  • This single palette contains 48 powder eyeshadows.
  • Good variety of matte and glittery hues that are suitable for all skin tones.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Long lasting.
Con
  • Was available during 2013 Sephora Christmas promotion.

Unfiltered Photo of Swatches -
Only The Bottom Row Has The Hues Over an Eyeshadow Base

I'll leave you with a few helpful tips on eyeshadow application

Tip #1
Apply an eyeshadow primer or base before applying any powder eyeshadow - the colour shows better and stays on longer this way. This tip is especially useful for those of us with oily eyelids.

Tip #2
If you purchase an eyeshadow that turns out to be less pigmented than expected, there are ways to build up the product to help make the pigments more pronounced. Sometimes, it's possible to build up a more intense finish by layering repeated coats of the product, especially if an eyeshadow primer or base is applied over the eyelids first.

Tip #3
Similarly, applying eyeshadow with a dampened make-up brush helps concentrate the pigment, and results in a more vivid, intense hue.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

With any luck, Sephora may just sell this palette again this year!

I hope you find my review and tips helpful! Until my next update soon... stay beautiful! :)

To follow me on Facebook and YouTube, visit these links:

Facebookwww.facebook.com/wheresmymirror

YouTubewww.youtube.com/user/wheresmymirror1

xoxo
~ Lil’ Missy ~

2 comments:

  1. That's looks amazing! the colours are so pretty! <3

    i followed you on bloglovin, mind to followback? :)
    Little Piece of Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and following WMM! I'm following you on bloglovin' too. :)

      Delete