Thursday 3 July 2014

Product Review: Clean & Clear Essentials Oil-Control Toner

Hello, my lovelies!!

Let me introduce you to a drugstore toner that is affordable, simple, and effective: Clean & Clear Essentials Oil-Control Toner.


Jar Packaging: No
Tested on Animals: Undetermined
Price: about RM 11.90 (100 ml)
Price: about RM 6.50 (50 ml)

Claims

CLEAN & CLEAR oil-control toner works deep down to the pores to help prevent pimples, oily shine and blackheads. The oil-free formula removes deep down oil & dirt, while salicylic acid helps prevent pimples and blackheads. Conditions and prepares skin for moisturisation. Leaves your skin feeling clean and beautifully clear.

Ingredients

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycereth-26, Salicylic Acid, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Polyquaternium-7, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, CI 42090


Lil’ Missy’s Review

This toner is very affordable in both sizes, and can be easily purchased from Guardian, Watson's, Caring Pharmacy, and even some smaller convenience stores. 

I have combination skin, and it does help to control the oil on my face, especially on my t-zone. It also doesn't clog my pores.

What I like best about this toner is that it removes make-up residue well, and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight; it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. Did I mention that it's all this AND affordable? :D

I use this twice a day on my face and neck: in the morning before I begin my day; at night before going to bed.

The scent is quite strong, and can be unpleasant for those looking for a fragrance-free toner.

Also, I've found that it doesn't help with removing blackheads, but with regular use, it does help to prevent them to an extent. Make sure you follow a good, regular skin-care routine to prevent blackheads! ;)

For some people, the alcohol content may be a little harsh for your skin. What I'd suggest that you do is use a good moisturiser after.

I'd recommend this toner particularly for oily/combination skin types.

Pros
  • Very affordable.
  • Easily purchased from Guardian, Watson's, Caring Pharmacy, and even some smaller convenience stores.
  • Helps to control oil.
  • Doesn't clog pores.
  • Removes make-up residue well, without leaving skin dry and tight.
Cons
  • Contains alcohol, hence can be a little harsh for sensitive skin.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

I hope you find the review helpful! Until my next update soon... stay beautiful! :)

xoxo
~ Lil’ Missy ~

2 comments:

  1. Do we need to wash the face apter applying toner ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't. You do need to wash/cleanse your face before applying toner, though. :)

      Delete