Tuesday 5 November 2013

Make-Up Tip: How to Make Lipstick Stay on Longer

Hey everyone!

Tired of wearing lipstick and having to keep reapplying because it fades soon after, especially when you drink and eat?

What I've found is that this doesn't happen as soon when I use a lip liner first. I've tried and tested it countless times - it really works! 

Don't expect it to stay on for hours and hours on end unless you drink and eat carefully. By carefully, I mean take dainty sips and bites, and not gobble food like you've not eaten in days. :p


Here's What You Do

Step 1: Apply a lip balm on your lips. 
           You want to do this because it serves 2 purposes: (i) it moisturises your lips, and
           (ii) it'll be easier to apply the lip liner.

Step 2: Line your lips with a lip liner. 
           If you're using a light lipstick, use a nude lip liner; if you're using a dark lipstick,
           use a darker lip liner. You could also use a nude lip liner with a dark lipstick,
           but make sure you BLEND them well.

Step 3: Fill in your lips with the same lip liner. 
           Lipstick will stay on longer on your lips when you do this. Trust me!

Step 4: Slick your favourite lipstick on top. 
           Generally, matte lipsticks stay on longer compared to cream ones.           
           Also, you could apply a lip gloss instead. but it won't stay on too long even with
           this tip because of the consistency of the liquid.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *

I'm guilty of sometimes not applying a lip liner first. Then, when I need to reapply lipstick, I think, "Dang, I should've applied lip liner first!" Shoulda, coulda, woulda. :p

Try this tip and let me know how it works for you! Be good, my lovelies! :) xoxo

Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment