Sunday 12 January 2014

DIY Face Mask: Egg White

Hey everyone!!

I'm b-a-a-a-c-c-c-k!!

I'm sorry for the long silence. Did you miss me? Did ya? Did ya?? :p I'm back in action after the long break and I'm kicking off 2014 with a super simple skin-care tip for you. Check it out! ;)

Here's a really good treatment for your skin regardless of your age and gender: use egg white as a face mask. This is an effective mask that you should try! :D

(Photo Credit: http://7beautytips.com)

Benefits of Using Egg Whites
  • Contains a lot of protein.
  • High in collagen and vitamin A.
  • All natural.
  • Inexpensive.

Benefits for Your Skin
  • Tightens your skin.
  • Removes blackheads and whiteheads.
  • Helps to minimise open pores.
  • Removes dead skin.
  • Helps to prevent wrinkles.
  • Reduces fine lines. 
  • Reduces acne.

~ Caution ~

Before I get to the steps involved, I need to inform you that if you have an allergy to raw eggs or even find the smell of raw eggs unbearable, then this is NOT the mask for you. The smell of raw egg whites is quite strong and smells bad to some people. Think of.. ammonia.. That's it: ammonia! That's what it smells like to me. I'm not exaggerating - some of you would agree with me. :p

With the words of caution out of the way, let's get right to it!

You'll Need These:
  • 1 Egg (if you prefer, you could use an organic egg)
  • A Small Bowl
  • A Fork
  • Clean Fingers or A Brush
  • Lemon Juice (optional)

What You'll Need To Do:

Step 1: Cleanse your face with a gentle facial cleanser.

Step 2: Crack open an egg and separate the yolk from the white. 
            I'd recommend doing this over a bowl, so that the egg white drips into it.

Step 3: Gently beat the egg white until it's a little frothy.
            You could add several drops of lemon juice if you'd like a cleansing effect.

Step 4: Using clean fingers or a brush, apply the beaten egg white onto your face in
            upward motions avoiding your lips and eye area. Remember to apply it on your
            neck as well using the same motions.

Step 5: Leave the egg white to dry on your skin for about 15 - 20 minutes.

Step 6: Gently peel off, or wash off the egg white with lukewarm or cold water.
            I usually wash it off with water followed by my facial cleanser because I don't
            fancy the smell of egg white on my skin.

Step 7: Finish up with your regular skin-care routine (ie. toner > eye cream > moisturiser >
           sunscreen).

Frequency

For oily or combination skin: it's best to use this mask 2 - 3 times a week.
For dry skin: use this mask once a week.


*     *     *     *     *     *     *

When I use this mask, I use only egg whites; I don't add lemon juice because, when combined, the unpleasant odour sends me dry heaving in the nearest corner. Needless to say, that's not a pretty sight.

You'll need to use the mask regularly before you see significant results. Although some may see results faster than others, don't worry because each person's skin responds differently and at a different rate.

Try this effective home-made remedy and let me know how you find it. As always, I'd love to hear from you! :)

Signing off...

~ Lil' Missy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment